Simple + sophisticated, this organic DIY was inspired by method’s Spring 2017 Limited Edition scent White Rose. Grab a brush and zen out.
You will need:
1 gallon Colorhouse BISQUE .02 eggshell
1 quart Colorhouse STONE .07 eggshell
1 quart Colorhouse METAL .04 eggshell
1 quart Colorhouse METAL .03 eggshell
1 quart Colorhouse FLINT .01 eggshell
2 ½” paint brush
1” paint brush
3/8” nap roller
Blue painter’s tape
1. Prep your space by putting down a drop cloth and taping off your trim.
2. Starting at the trim, make tick marks every 6” going up your wall.
3. Using your level, make horizontal dashes every few feet across the wall to act as guides for your brush stroke pattern.
4. Begin with the smaller 1” paint brush at the bottom of the wall. Dip brush into STONE .07 and make vertical brush strokes across the wall. The length can vary – we made ours approx. 3” long. Go the length of wall.
5. Switch to the larger 2 ½” brush. Dip brush into STONE .07 again and make vertical brushstrokes across the wall.
6. Repeat the pattern with the remaining colors from darkest to lightest: STONE .07, METAL .04, METAL .03, FLINT .01.
(1) A year supply of method non-toxic cleaning products and (2) five gallons of Colorhouse paint in the color(s) of your choice, plus a fan deck and color consultation with a Color Nerd.
To win, text COLORLOVE to 22828. This will sign you up to receive our e-newsletters and enter you to win our colorful package. Winner will be picked at random from our subscriber list on 4/15/17. Open to US residents, aged 18+.