#cleanhappy with this flower mural in a kid’s bathroom. Cheerful yellows, pinks, and oranges combine in this playful design inspired by the colors in method’s Spring 2017 Limited Edition Ginger Tea hand wash.
You will need:
1 gallon Colorhouse GRAIN .02 eggshell
1 8oz Colorspot CLAY .02
1 8oz Colorspot CLAY .07
1 8oz Colorspot SPROUT .02
1 8oz Colorspot SPROUT .06
1 8oz Colorspot CREATE .02
1 8oz Colorspot ASPIRE .05
1 8oz Colorspot ASPIRE .02
1 8oz Colorspot LIGHT .02 from Pinwheel Palette
7 1” chip brushes
1 fine art paint brush
3/8” nap roller x 3
Blue painter’s tape
1. Prep your space by putting down a drop cloth and taping off your trim.
2. Roll walls with GRAIN .02. Let dry.
3. Using a round object, trace around the edge to make a perfect circle. We used the top from a quart of paint, but a bowl would work just fine. This circle will be the center of your bloom.
4. Starting from the inside and working your way out, dip your brush in CLAY .02 and follow the circle with a brushstroke pattern radiating out from the center.
5. Continue with this pattern, widening the circle as you go. Follow this color order: CLAY .02, ASPIRE .05, SPROUT .02, CLAY .07, Coral Reef, SPROUT .06, ASPIRE .05.
6. Using your artist’s brush, add a few smaller brushstrokes of CREATE .02 to the center of the bloom for detail.
7. Once your bloom reaches the size you want it to be, make a few random brushstrokes outside of the circle to transition the pattern into the rest of the wall.